Wetlands Internet Scavenger Hunt
Written By Mrs. Dingman
(updated May 2011)
Meeting the Following Pennsylvania Academic Standards:
1.1.5 Learning to Read Independently 4.1.5 Watersheds and Wetlands
1.2.5 Reading Critically in All Content Areas
3.7.5 Technological Devices
This page was last updated on: October 22, 2015
Directions: Visit the web sites listed below. Record your answers on your activity sheet, using complete sentences. Do NOT use pronouns in the first sentence of your answers, unless you are referring to yourself.
* Where can wetlands be found?
* What negative view have people had about wetlands? What resulted because of this negative view?
* What important benefits do wetlands provide for people and the environment?
Click "Wetlands" under "Freshwater Ecosystems".
Click "Importance of Wetlands" on the left side of the screen.
* How do wetlands prevent flooding?
* How do wetlands help rivers?
* With what human body part have wetlands been compared? Why is this a good comparison?
Click “Wetlands Animals” on the left side of the screen.
* Choose one of the Wetlands animals listed in the yellow column on the screen. Describe the animal's diet, where it is found, and at least 2 other interesting facts you’ve read on this page.
Do not simply copy the information shown, especially when words may be new or unfamiliar to you.