This page was last updated on: October 22, 2015
Let's Meet Seymour Simon
Internet Scavenger Hunt
Written By Mrs. Dingman
Directions: Visit the web sites listed below. Record your answers on your activity sheet, using complete sentences. Do NOT use pronouns in the first sentence of each answer, unless you are referring to yourself.
* When and where was Seymour Simon born? How old is Mr. Simon now? Use the space below your answer on your activity sheet to show how you calculated Mr. Simon’s age.
* Mr. Simon had two interests during high school. What were they?
* Why did Mr. Simon begin writing science books for children?
* What science project did Mr. Simon complete during high school?
* What is Mr. Simon’s opinion about scientists? Do you agree or disagree? Why?
* Click “Meet Seymour Simon” at the top of the page.
* How many science books has Seymour Simon written?
* Seymour Simon is an accomplished author in a different type of genre. What other type of books has Mr. Simon written?
* What does Mr. Simon hope to encourage in children?
* Mr. Simon does extensive research for each of his books. Where is the one place Seymour Simon states he has not been to conduct research to write one of his books?
© 2004-2011 Caryn Dingman
All Rights Reserved