Directions: Visit the web sites listed below. Answer the questions using complete sentences. Record your answers on your activity sheet. Do NOT use pronouns in your first sentence of each answer, unless you are referring to yourself!!
Click "Details" under "Emblem" on the right side of the screen.
* What does the 2004 Olympic Games emblem show?
* There are 2 reasons this emblem was used. What were they?
* What do the colors of the emblem symbolize?
Click the "Back" button and click "Details" under "Mascots" on the right side of the screen.
* What are the names of the 2 official Athens 2004 mascots? How are they related?
* Where did the names of the mascots come from?
* What do the mascots represent?
Click the "Back" button and click "Details" under "Torch" on the right side of the screen.
* What was the Athens 2004 Olympic torch designed to look like?
* When and where did the torch light the flame?
* What is the Torch Relay slogan?
Click "Relay Schedule" at the top of the page.
* When and where did the flame lighting occur?
* On what dates was the torch carried through the United States? What cities in the United States did the Torch Relay include?
Click the "Back" button and click "Route Map" at the top of the page.
* Click on one of the dates the relay torch was carried in a city in the United States. Who was selected to carry the Relay Torch in that city and how old was that person? Be sure to name the date you selected in your answer sentences.