Finding Out About Forests Internet Scavenger Hunt
Written by Mrs. Dingman
Updated July 2011
* Three kinds of forests are listed. What are their names?
* Click on "Temperate Deciduous Forest".
Where would you find this type of forest? What happens to the leaves of the trees in this type of forest during the fall and spring?
* There are five layers, or zones, in this type of forest. Name them in order from the top, or tallest part of the deciduous forest, to the bottom.
* Click on any animal that may be found in the deciduous forest. Making sure to include the animal's name in the first sentence of your answer, tell what the animal likes to eat, what it looks like, and two other interesting facts you read.
* Click the Back button on the top left of your screen. Click "Taiga or Coniferous Forest".
Where are these forests found? What does the word "taiga" mean and what language does this word come from?
* What happens to many of the animals found in the taiga forests during the winter?
* Click on any animal that may be found in the taiga or coniferous forest. Making sure to include the animal's name in the first sentence of your answer, tell what this animal likes to eat, what it looks like, and two other interesting facts you read.
Directions: Visit the web site listed below and answer the questions that follow. Record your answers on your activity sheet using complete sentences. Do not use a pronoun to begin your answer sentences unless you are referring to yourself.
Copyright 2002-2011 Caryn Dingman
This page was last updated: October 22, 2015